At Clayton-Bradley Academy, our vision is to re-imagine education
as a community endeavor that is dedicated to creating a positive, challenging, and
student-centered environment where all students excel.
Clayton-Bradley Academy is dedicated to creating a student-centered, positive, and challenging environment where all students excel through:
- Critical thinking
- Lifelong Guidelines
Clayton-Bradley Academy is committed to the following beliefs:
- A clear and shared focus on student learning
- A rigorous and integrated curriculum
- High expectations for learning
- Effective school leadership
- Aligned instructional and assessment practices
- Focused professional development
- Safe and supportive learning environment
- Family involvement
- Respect for diversity
- The campus-community-friendly layout features a centralized courtyard and covered, outdoor walkways that connect to classrooms
- Retreat-like campus offers plenty of space for outdoor classrooms, recreation, science experiments, and more
- The 8,590 square-foot multi-purpose facility and “Family Center” serves as cafeteria, hosts family gatherings each Wednesday, houses offices and workrooms
- The 45,000+ square-foot building houses the Main Office, administrative offices, teacher training center, gym, clinic, science and technology labs, art and music rooms, as well as additional classroom space
- Customized, state-of-the-art classrooms and labs
- Fiber optic internet offers high-speed internet for both indoor and outdoor classrooms
- Business partnerships offer unique learning opportunities, classroom speakers, and teacher-collaborators
- Individual technology lab, science lab, music room, and art room
- 1:1 technology to students and faculty
- Student-designed playground
- On-campus garden
- Eco-friendly buildings
- Year-round learning calendar
- Exceptional leadership, faculty, and educators
- Family gatherings offered each Wednesday
- Required dress codes and school uniforms
- Special events and field trips
With the start of the 2016 school year, Clayton-Bradley Academy added an additional Preschool class, an additional 3rd and 4th grade classroom, and continued the expansion of our high school campus by adding 11th grade.
Construction will continue on a main support building for our middle/high school.
We are now enrolling students in grades PreK – 10th grade.
Clayton-Bradley Academy began its first year in the summer of 2013 and included grades K-6. The initial plan included adding one grade per year, culminating in a full K-12 STEM school by 2019. However, because of the demand for our unique and innovative educational design, Clayton-Bradley Academy is growing beyond those initial expectations.
The 2014-2015 school year opened with the introduction of our Pre-K program (students starting at age three), our Lower School program, and our Upper School program expanded to grades seven through nine.
Clayton-Bradley Academy is currently accepting student applications for openings in Pre-Kindergarten through 10th grade for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year.
The STEM Academy is located in Blount County off Pellissippi Pkwy., approximately 20 minutes from Knoxville.
Address: 425 Alcoa Trail, Maryville TN, 37804
Clayton-Bradley Academy is located near Pellissippi Place, which is part of the Knoxville-Oak Ridge Innovation Valley. The founding purpose of Pellissippi Place includes a deep focus on research and economic development for the Blount County area; a STEM school has always been part of that vision. In addition to its innovative approach to education and knowledge-sharing, a STEM school like Clayton-Bradley Academy helps support the local economy by attracting other companies to the area.
The Clayton-Bradley Academy campus’ retreat-like setting features a campus of classrooms centered around a courtyard for a town square, campus-community-friendly layout. The customized, state-of-the-art classrooms are connected by covered, outdoor walkways, and there’s plenty of space for outdoor classrooms, recreation, outdoor science experiments, and more.
The 8,590 square-foot multi-purpose facility and “Family Center” serves as cafeteria, hosts family gatherings each Wednesday, houses offices and workrooms.
The 45,000+ square-foot building houses the Main Office, administrative offices, teacher training center, gym, clinic, science and technology labs, art and music rooms, as well as additional classroom space.
To schedule a tour of our facility, contact us at 865.494.1222.
In 2017, Clayton-Bradley Academy plans to expand to offer PK – 12th grade.
Please complete our online form, and our Admissions Office will contact you to answer questions and provide further information.
Clayton-Bradley Academy follows a year-round educational calendar so that learning is continuous. Instructional blocks and vacations are distributed around the calendar in a “45-15” day calendar, in which students attend school for approximately nine weeks followed by three weeks of vacation. The longest break period, approximately six weeks, will occur during summer.
Extended learning opportunities and elective studies are offered through community and business leaders who elect to share their expertise and vocational experiences. This learning environment allows students to progress through a continuous curriculum that’s based on individual needs and readiness.